Saturday 17 August 2013

Buscot Weir, Oxfordshire

A change of colour and mood from Tuscany! Solace in a swan and signet more interested in bread than butterfly, a weir that begs to be photographed with a waterproof camera (still to be procured), and a friend who cheered me up immeasurably, first, by accompanying me on the outing, and second by mentioning that she would like to paint the Brighton photo, or similar water-based photos. As Hilary's watercolours are the best I have ever come across (no exaggeration), I now have a mission: to shoot iconic buildings from the back of turbulent waves, turning townscapes into toy-towns atop a tossing sea.
Several destinations come to mind, but perhaps most tempting is Copenhagen, not least because my swimsuit has been out on various jaunts with Ægir's daughters there! I have been receiving taunting photos of my speedo, like Amelie's postcards of her father's garden gnome, from various waters round Denmark: a crucified skin on wood and nails; a disembodied Ophelia floating among piranha petals; a sagging flag waving forlornly from a weeping willow... how restless I find myself since my return, and how lonely with it!
Never fear, heels and provisional speedo in hand, I shall find my way back into my skin some time, no doubt, I dare say...
Thanks again, Hil, apologies for getting us locked in on the wrong side of the hooligan-barrier, and a special thanks to GT for being such a gentleman: not to complain at 90, despite the weather and worry, wins him all my admiration and the status of honorary towel-bearer ;)

2 comments:

  1. once loneliness ends you realize how lonely you've been_
    thanks for the photo of yourself above, shy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...or rather "In My Solitude" _ isn't quite true any more.

    ReplyDelete